Emma Stone Biography News Facts Lifestyle Impelreport
Birthday: November 6, 1988
Famous: Actresses American Women
Also Known As: Emily Jean Emma Stone
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Age: 29 Years
Born In: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Famous As: Actress
Height: 1.68 M
Father: Jeff Stone
Mother: Krista Stone
Siblings: Spencer Stone
City, States, Provinces & Districts: Arizona
Net Worth: $18 Million As Of Nov 6, 2015
Who Is Emma Stone?
American actress Emma Stone is best known for her witty and charming roles in several popular comedies. She starred in the teen hits Superbad (2007), The House Bunny (2008) and Zombieland (2009), before her Golden Globe-nominated turn as Olive Penderghast in 2010’s Easy A. She also had roles in the critically praised The Help and the romantic comedy Crazy, Stupid, Love, both released in 2011, and was cast as Peter Parker’s love interest in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) and its 2014 sequel. Stone received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress in the dark comedy Birdman (2014), and earned her first Oscar win for her portrayal of an aspiring actress in La La Land (2016). The following year, she garnered more buzz for Battle of the Sexes. You can also enjoy David Letterman Biography Lifestyle News here.
Emily Jean Stone is a popular Oscar-winning American actress. Known as one of the most skilled and successful actresses of the contemporary generation, she reached the peak of her career after the success of her 2016 film ‘La La Land’ in which she played a lead role. Born in Arizona in the United States, Stone was drawn to acting from a very early age. She made her acting debut at the age of 11 in a play ‘The Wind in the Willows’. She made her TV debut in 2004 in ‘The New Partridge Family’, where she played a minor role.
She appeared in minor roles in other TV shows throughout the next few years. She made her film debut three years later, in the American teen comedy ‘Superbad’, where she played a supporting role. Her performance earned her a ‘Young Hollywood Award’. Her portrayal of the Gwen Stacy, the romantic interest of the lead character, in ‘The Amazing Spiderman’ earned her international popularity. She reprised her role in the 2014 sequel ‘The Amazing Spiderman 2’. Including the Academy Award for ‘La La Land’, her most successful work till date, she has won several other awards in her career, such as a ‘Golden Globe Award’ and a ‘National Board of Review’ award.
Emma Stone Childhood & Early Life
- Emily Jean Stone was born on 6 November 1988, in Scottsdale, Arizona, in the United States. Her father, Jeffrey Charles Stone, was the founder and CEO of a general contracting company, while her mother Krista Jean Stone, was a homemaker.
- Despite having vocal problems as a child, Stone has described herself as being too loud and bossy during her early years. She attended Sequoya Elementary School and Cocopah Middle School. She used to suffer from panic attacks, which negatively affected her social skills. However, she started taking part in local theatre plays, which helped her get rid of such attacks.
- She later attended Xavier College Preparatory, though she dropped out after just one semester to pursue her acting goals. In-between auditioning for roles, she used to work part-time at a dog-treat bakery.
Emma Stone Career
Emma Stone made her TV debut in 2004 in an American TV series ‘The Partridge Family’. Over the next few years, she played minor roles in other TV shows, such as ‘Malcolm in the Middle’ and ‘Drive’.
She made her film debut in the 2007 teen comedy, ‘Superbad’. Directed by Greg Mottola, the film starred actors such as Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, and Seth Rogen. Stone appeared in a supporting role, playing a character named Jules. She won a ‘Young Hollywood Award’ for her brilliant performance. Read Nicolas Cage Biography Lifestyle News Facts at a single click.
The following year she was seen in the American comedy ‘The Rocker’ in a supporting role. Directed by Peter Cattaneo, the film is about a failed musician, who is on a tour with his nephew’s band. Stone appeared as a character named Amelia.
In 2009, she appeared in ‘Ghosts of Girlfriends Past’, playing a supporting role. Directed by Mark Waters, the film was a moderate commercial success. Some of her next films were ‘Paper Man’ (2009), Zombieland (2009), ‘Friends with Benefits’ (2011), and ‘Crazy Stupid Love’ (2011).
She gained much popularity and appreciation for her role in the 2012 Superhero film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’, which was based on the popular Marvel Comics superhero Spiderman. Directed by Marc Webb, the film follows Peter Parker, a young teenager living in New York, whose life changes after he gets bitten by a genetically altered spider. Thus he gains superpowers, and becomes Spider-Man. Stone appeared as Gwen Stacy, Parker’s girlfriend. The film was a huge commercial success.
The following year, she appeared in the American crime-thriller, ‘Gangster Squad’, and ‘Movie 43’, an American comedy, and finally, ‘The Croods’, an adventure animated comedy. She also appeared frequently as a host of the TV show ‘Saturday Night Live.’
In 2014, she reprised her role as Gwen Stacy in the ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’. The film, like its prequel, was a huge commercial success. Some of her next films were ‘Magic in the Moonlight’ (2014), ‘Aloha’ (2015), and ‘Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping’ (2016).
Her latest and most successful role was in the 2016 American musical comedy ‘La La Land’. Written and directed by Damien Chazelle, the film was a huge success, winning several Oscars. Probably the most successful film of the year, the story revolved around a musician and an aspiring actress, who meet and fall in love. Stone’s amazing performance won her an Oscar for ‘Best Actress’.
Emma Stone Major Works
- ’Marmaduke’, a 2010 American family comedy film, was one of Emma Stone’s most successful early works. Directed by Tom Dey, the film starred Stone in a significant role. The film also included actors Owen Wilson, George Lopez, Steve Copgan, and Marlon Wayans. The film was a mild success commercially. It was nominated for a ‘Teen Choice Award.’
- ’The Amazing Spider-Man’, a 2012 American superhero film directed by Marc Webb, was another one of Stone’s most significant and successful films. Based on the popular Marvel Comics character Spiderman, the film also starred Andrew Garfield, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, and Martin Sheen along with Stone. The film focuses on the story of a teenager, Peter Parker, who develops superpowers after being bitten by a genetically altered spider. The film was a huge commercial success, grossing nearly $ 760 million. Reviews were mostly positive. Courteny Love Biography Lifestyle
- In ’The Amazing Spider-Man 2’, she reprised her role as Gwen Stacy from the film’s prequel. Directed by Marc Webb, the film included Andrew Garfield, playing the lead role, and Stone portraying his girlfriend, along with actors Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, and Campbell Scott.. The film focuses on the life of a normal guy Peter Parker who fights crime and battles super-villains when he dons his Spider-Man avatar. The film was a commercial success, grossing $709 million worldwide.
- ’La La Land’ a 2016 American film, which won Stone an Oscar for Best Actress, can be regarded as the most significant work in her career so far. Directed by Damien Chazelle, the film starred Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in lead roles. The story focuses on the two, who despite falling in love cannot be together due to certain hardships. Other actors in the film include John Legend, Rosemarie DeWitt, Finn Wittrock, and Jessica Rothe. The film won six Oscars.
Emma Stone Awards & Achievements
- Emma Stone has won a total of 30 awards and 92 nominations as of May 2017. The awards she has won include an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a British Film Academy Award, all three for Best Actress, for her role in the 2016 movie ‘La La Land’.
- She is the recipient of three Screen Actors Guild Awards, one each for her roles in the movies ‘The Help’ (2012), ‘ Birdman’ (2015), and ‘La La Land’ (2017).
- Some other awards she has won are the ‘Critics Choice Movie Award’ for the 2012 movie, ‘The Help’, and ‘Nickelodeaon Kids’ Choice Award’ for the 2014 movie ‘The Amazing Spiderman’. Victoria Justice Biography News also achievements are discussed here.
Emma Stone Love Life
Emma Stone dated Andrew Garfield, with whom she co-starred in the 2012 movie ‘The Amazing Spiderman’ and its sequel. However, they reportedly broke up in 2015.
Emma Stone Social Media Profiles